Click on Images for a pdf printable version
Specific ‘Day Of’ Instructions for the Recital, Sunday June 2nd at York College:
(All info is also on the website) Color-Coding on the orders are for staff and volunteers.
Click here: 10am Show Order (All 10am students check into the greenroom and are released from the stage. Please exit the theater through the designated exit door)
Click here: 12:30pm Show Order (All 12:30pm students check in & out of the greenroom; exiting the hallway to the back parking lot;.only one guardian allowed for pick up)
Click here: 4:00pm Show Order (All 4:00pm students check in to the greenroom or balcony & out of the greenroom; exiting the hallway to the back parking lot;.only one guardian allowed for pick up. 3-4 year olds are allowed to be picked up at intermission; they will need a ticket to enter the theater to watch the remainder of the show)
Print out the schedule and highlight their class(es)
4pm show only: If their 1st or only class is in the 2nd half of the show, check them into the balcony so they can watch their friends dance in the first half.
4pm show only: If their 1st or only class is in the 1st half of the show, check them into the greenroom so they can get ready to perform.
4pm show only: If they are in both the 1st and 2nd half, then they should be checked into the greenroom and remain there for the entire show so they don’t miss their performance. Highlighting will also help students with multiple classes stay organized.
For All Shows:
· Check-in is 45 minutes before show start time. At check-in you will receive a ticket with your dancer's name (for ages 3-9), you will need this to pick your child up after the show.
· Please label all of your child's items: snack (nut free), water, shoes (name on the inside) and costume. Send them with a dance bag to contain it all. We are not held responsible for lost items. Having this prepared the night before will help reduce stress and help you not forget anything. If they have a hair change, please send them with the appropriate combs, hair net, accessories, and hairspray if necessary.
· Students 5 years of age and older need to stay for the entire show. This shows respect for the hard work and dedication that they and their fellow dancers have put in all year. We ask that the adults show this same respect. No getting up and down out of your seats while there are dancers on stage. (No one is available in-between dances to dismiss your child after their dance).
· For the 4pm show: If your child is in a 3-4 year old class, they are more than welcome to stay with us for the entire show. They will be allowed to sit with you in the audience, if it would make you feel more comfortable, during the half of the show that they are not performing in. Keep in mind that they will need a ticket to enter the audience. At intermission, you can pick up your 3-4 year old dancer.
· No students will be released to guardians at any time other than intermission for 3-4 year olds or after the finale for all other students. This is for the safety and organization of all performing. NO ENTRANCE FROM THE THEATER THROUGH THE SIDE DOORS TO THE BACKSTAGE WILL BE ALLOWED UNLESS YOU ARE A SIGNED UP VOLUNTEER.
· 3-4 year olds will not be dancing in the finale performance, but will come on stage to take a bow with us at the end! Everyone in the show should stay to be in the Finale!
· For security purposes, we will have staff to check-out your child from the greenroom once the show is over. Please be patient during this transition. Allow for the parents of little ones (3-6yrs) to pick them up first. ONLY ONE FAMILY MEMBER IS ALLOWED TO PICK UP AND MUST EXIT THROUGH THE BACK DOOR LEADING INTO THE PARKING LOT. This helps keep the flow of families moving one way. Please arrange a meeting point for the rest of your family and friends to meet you and take pictures with your awesome performer outside of the theater. We are having them get their trophy in class the week after the recital to help smooth out this process.
· Please be kind to our volunteers and staff...they are just following procedures to keep your children safe and to keep the flow of the show going. They really are there to help and we appreciate them for it!!
· Flowers: For your convenience, beautiful bouquets of flowers will be available for purchase, on-site, at the dance recital. You can browse our selection & pre-order ahead of time at: range $15-$25)
You will receive a link with a video of the recital as soon as it has been edited. If you would like a physical DVD they can be ordered online at:
· If you missed ordering pictures, you can come to the second viewing day at the studio on June 5th from 4-8pm or call Donner at 1-860-886-2475.
Yes!! We do have class June 4th-June 9th!
Your dancers will receive their t-shirt and trophy in class :)